IT’S NOT A DIET, IT’S A LIFESTYLE CHANGE
We don’t realize but the weight we gain is from our everyday unhealthy eating, which we have been doing for years and years, and not gained just by having treat meals on Saturday.
We all need to start looking at our diet overall and focus more on our everyday eating habits.
Focus on a diet which you can maintain all your life. Make small changes in your life which you can sustain forever. Small things make a huge difference.
- Vegetables in every meal. Aim to have half a plate of vegetables. They can be raw, streamed, cooked etc.
- Have 2-3 different fruits a day.
- Keep hydrated.
- Go for whole grain / whole meal/ brown pasta/ brown and basmati rice.
- Watch your portions.
- Try going for low fat dairy.
- Consume healthy fats such as olive oil and rapeseed oil (try not to have more than 2-3 teaspoons a day)
- Any kind of physical activity at least 30 minutes 5 days a week
If you feel like having crisps or biscuits, try not to exceed 120 calories a day.
If you follow the above all week, it will be absolutely fine for you to go out for a meal on Saturday or Sunday without feeling guilty. The next day, carry on as you did the week before.